Inspired in part by Google's BeyondCorp, Banyan provides least privileged access to corporate services and resources in real-time, leveraging your existing enterprise investments in identity and security tools. The Banyan Platform is built on a patented Zero Trust architecture that transparently deploys in hybrid and multi-cloud environments, and continuously enforces access policies based on any combination of user, device, and application context.
Traditional secure remote access solutions like VPNs don’t work anymore for today’s world where users, devices, and applications are highly distributed and dynamic. Three foundational building blocks are needed to provide a complete solution:
1. Quantified Trust: User and device trust are no longer black or white, but rather like shades of grey where depending on the security posture the same user and device may be allowed different levels of access.
2. Continuous Authorization: The channel needs to be continuously authorized based on zero day attacks and unauthorized user activity, rather than validated with just one-time authorization.
3. Decentralized Enforcement: Rather than centralized remote access enforcement to handle the large scale and security concerns of modern enterprises, we instead need a highly distributed architecture that scales with applications and clouds.
1. TrustScore-powered Endpoint Application – An optional app deployed on the endpoint device (e.g., Windows, macOS, iOS, Android) provides a user-visible score based on the security posture of both user and device.
2. Cloud Command Center – A SaaS platform that lets you write simple but granular policies and generates trust tokens and short-lived certificates for continuous authorization.
3. Intelligent Access Mesh – Simply deployed, cloud-integrated, smart reverse proxies running alongside applications that enable end-to-end security and direct access without going through 3rd party clouds.
Similar to the way that credit scores provide a measure of creditworthiness, the Banyan Security TrustScore enables secure, selective access to applications.
• Compute trustworthiness of users and devices based on 100s of factors
• Bring together your identity provider, device management, and security tools to control access
• Empower employees by enabling them to see and affect their TrustScores in real-time
Shift access controls away from the network to perform continuous authorization based on user, device, and application context.
• Distribute trust down to each individual user, device, and application
• Provide users least-privilege access rather than broad access to the network
Leverage a distributed mesh of identity-aware secure access proxies for scalable access controls across clouds.
• Gain complete and homogeneous coverage across your hybrid and multi-cloud environments
• Resilient, high-performance architecture with no single points of failure or data risk
• No extra hops. No choke points
• Simple deployment and incremental roll-out
Automatically upgrade application connections to mutually authenticated TLS encryption, without making any changes to code or network.
Don’t expose your sensitive corporate applications to the internet.
Leverage your existing IT management systems as well as new DevOps processes.
Delivers application-layer protocol and geo-location based access controls for both users and applications
Eliminates management complexity of VPN appliances, and removes choke-points providing great user experience
Enable homogenous policies across clouds, independent of network-layer technologies like VPCs and subnets
Rollout to one application at a time, rather than an all-or-nothing VPN approach
Unlike VPNs, no broad access grants at network-level that allow lateral movement to unauthorized applications
No complex appliances to buy and manage policies for each cloud and region
With 100s of secure access integrations, there is a good chance we can connect with any of your existing cloud, IAM, MDM, EDR, and UEBA tools. Explore how Banyan Security can help you leverage your existing investments to gain a Zero Trust security posture today.