Establishing Device TrustFor most organizations, the device continues to be the weakest link in their security chain. Poor device security puts sensitive applications, data, and services at risk. Learn how to bring devices into your Zero Trust program.
Banyan Device Trust
Today, most access decisions are made on the basis of simple user authentication, failing to factor in device identity and posture. Establishing device trust is full of complexity created by an ever-expanding world of users, platforms, resource types, and locations. The diverse population of employees, developers, temporary workers, and third parties means you can’t implicitly trust the devices they are using.
Banyan makes it easy to achieve real-time device trust, a critical component for comprehensive zero trust access.
So Many Devices and Uses
- No single device management solution provides complete coverage across all of the systems in common use (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux).
- Contractors, temporary workers, and third parties are usually unwilling or unable to use an organization’s heavy-handed device management systems (MDM, UEM, etc.).
- User authentication and MFA systems do not register and authorize devices. Device Trust is a critical component of Zero Trust.
- There is no way to continuously know the security status of a device. Checks done only at the time of initial login are not effective when work happens 24x7x365.
Cost and Enforcement
- Device management silos and EDR do not integrate with access policy enforcement across users, devices, and resources.
- End-user frustration with multiple VPN and VDI clients and their complex security requirements hurts productivity.
Getting Started with Device Trust
Device trust requires certified unique device identification along with real-time assessment of device risk posture.
Using Device Trust for Continuous Access Authorization
- Create Access Policy against context of user identity, device trust, and resource sensitivity in the cloud admin console.
- Lightweight App Installation initiated by the user (getbanyan.app) or via a silent install supports all device types.
- Device Authorization uniquely registers all devices, regardless of platform type or device management software on the system.
- Banyan TrustScore is immediately visible upon application installation enabling users to self-remediate if their devices do not meet the security posture requirements for a requested resource.
- Continuous Re-Authorization of device trust enforces access policy requirements, immediately disconnecting when a device is no longer compliant.
Banyan Device Trust Benefits
- Allow only known and verified devices (managed / unmanaged / BYOD) into your network to access your resources.
- Enable device trust security controls for resource, IaaS, and SaaS application access.
- Download the lightweight Banyan app, and manage policies from a cloud-based platform.
- Transparently integrate with current SSO, MDM, and EDR tools without needing additional setup.
- Achieve granular trust-based policy control and visibility across all devices connecting to your organization.
- Continuous audit logs of who and which device accessed what resources and when. Easily stream data into your SIEM or security framework.
Key Features for Device Trust
- Real-time verification of user and device trust before granting access using employee-visible Banyan TrustScore.
- Passwordless access using device certificates ensures only trusted devices can access applications.
- Respond to device loss and theft by invalidating its certificate. Active sessions are dropped, and future access to resources, IaaS, and SaaS applications is blocked.
Take the keys and
go for a Test Drive today!
Schedule a Demo
Speak with our Zero Trust experts about your security initiatives.
- 30 minutes or less
- Real-world case studies
- Tailored to your needs
Sign Up for Newsletter
Keep up with the latest on Banyan Security, BeyondCorp and Zero Trust for Secure Remote Access.
- > Delivered to your inbox
- > Designed for the enterprise
- > Monthly