VPN Replacement75% of enterprises today are in some form of hybrid cloud deployment. Providing a seamless remote access solution that traverses this complex environment is a huge IT and security challenge.
As enterprises embark on their digital transformation journey, they are looking to enable secure access across both on-premises and cloud deployments. Traditional solutions like VPNs are a network-layer approach and not designed to meet the needs of modern, complex hybrid cloud environments.
In addition, VPNs are a huge security liability as they offer overly-broad access to sensitive corporate assets. With an increasing set of diverse users from employees to partners and contractors, access to these resources from a variety of remote locations and devices has made VPNs struggle to scale to the demands of modern hybrid enterprise.
- No centralized way to secure IaaS, on-premise, and SaaS applications especially if these applications can move across clouds.
- Complex network-level policies to segment access, which have to be constantly updated to match dynamic user and application environments.
Massive Security Gap
- VPNs grant full access to a network’s resources, allowing malicious actors with VPN access to move laterally across the corporate ecosystem.
- One-time authorization approach fails to provide real-time detection or enforcement of detected abnormal activity.
Poor Performance & Scale
- Due to deployment complexity, users experience performance delays and are often unable to access applications due to VPN connectivity issues.
- VPNs can be very expensive to acquire, maintain, and upgrade.
THE VPN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION: BANYAN’S Secure hybrid cloud access
Banyan offers the most seamless secure remote access solution for your hybrid cloud environment. As opposed to inflexible VPNs which are complex to deploy and provide poor security, the Banyan Zero Trust Remote Access platform is a comprehensive solution that scales to your hybrid cloud demands. Designed to give you the highest security posture by offering deployment flexibility for any IaaS and on-premises environment, Banyan enables enterprises to own their data plane while offering simple management.
Three key building blocks are brought together in the Banyan Zero Trust Remote Access solution.
First, we offer Trust Scoring capability for quantification of user, device, and contextual factors.
Next, we provide continuous authorization of access via our Cloud Command Center, powered by a machine learning engine.
And finally we offer real-time, decentralized enforcement of access based on the principal of least privilege.
Improved Security Posture
- Own your data plane and offer differentiated access to based on user, device, and other relevant attributes
- Integrate with your existing PKI infrastructure / CAs to completely control the confidentiality and privacy of your data
Massive Management Simplicity
- Homogeneous experience whether servers are deployed in IaaS or on-premises
- Simplified experience whether IaaS, on-premises, or SaaS applications using our as-a-service Banyan offering
Seamless & Fast User Experience
- Direct access to servers deployed on private clouds or Infrastructure as a Service
- Supports general TCP protocols like MySQL
The banyan approach
As enterprises increasingly move to hybrid or multi cloud environments, only Banyan offers a single platform to address the challenges of secure remote access for this ecosystem. The platform extends across on-premises to public cloud ecosystems enabling true management simplicity while offering the highest level of security posture.
The figure above shows in Steps 1-4 that access control checks are performed out of band to create a quantified trust score-based access paradigm matching with predefined least privilege access policies.
Step 3 is an example of an integration with tools like SSO and MDM to ensure that existing tools can be leveraged to generate a trust score.
Step 5 shows that access is granted, and the data path is direct to the application across clouds seamlessly.
Key Features for VPN Replacement
- Integrate with your cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure, GCP, or VMware and leverage their auto-scaling load balancers, DDoS protection systems
- Write human-readable policies for differentiated access leveraging easy-to-use templates. Underneath the hood, a hybrid RBAC/ABAC system allows you to write highly custom policies, if needed
- Passwordless access to application/servers
Take the keys and
go for a Test Drive today!
Schedule a Demo
Speak with our Zero Trust experts about your security initiatives.
- 30 minutes or less
- Real-world case studies
- Tailored to your needs
Sign Up for Newsletter
Keep up with the latest on Banyan Security, BeyondCorp and Zero Trust for Secure Remote Access.
- > Delivered to your inbox
- > Designed for the enterprise
- > Monthly