Employee (BYOD) and Third Party Remote AccessResources and web applications today are hosted on-premises, in AWS, GCP, and Azure public clouds, or are SaaS-based. Traditional VPN-based remote access solutions are inadequate and a large security risk. The right approach to secure web application access uses a context of user and device trust with security posture to continuously authorize access.
Users, like employees, partners, contractors, and 3rd party developers, are highly mobile. In many cases these users need to access sensitive resources and applications utilizing unmanaged personal devices.
The changing nature of the people and devices that access these resources with increasingly distributed deployment make VPNs ill-suited to protect this environment.
Massive Security Gap
- VPNs enable overly-broad access to your network. A compromised VPN allows lateral movement across networks leading to massive exposure.
- VPNs rely on a one-time authorization approach with no ability to monitor abnormal activity to detect potential breaches.
- No centralized way to secure IaaS, on-premise, and SaaS applications based on security posture of users and devices result in operational complexity.
- Complex network-level policies to segment access, which have to be constantly updated to match dynamic user and application environments.
Bad User Experience
- Due to complexity in deployment, users experience performance delays and in many cases are often unable to access the applications due to VPN connectivity issues.
- IT admins find VPNs are expensive to acquire, maintain, and upgrade.
Banyan Zero Trust Solution for Secure Resource Access
Increasingly mobile users, like employees, partners, contractors, and 3rd party developers, need to access resources and applications utilizing personal devices which are typically unmanaged.
The changing nature of the people and devices that access sensitive resources and applications across distributed deployments models make VPNs completely ill-suited to protect this environment.
There is a better way to achieve Zero Trust Remote Access to your resources and infrastructure without requiring a VPN and more importantly, dramatically reducing your vulnerability footprint. With Banyan, you define trust-based access policies that govern user access to hosts, servers, applications (including SaaS apps), and even APIs.
No other solution can provide this fine-grained control, all while offering an alternative to cumbersome centralized VPNs. Now, with Banyan Zero Trust Remote Access you can achieve direct, secure, least-privileged access to your resources.
Banyan Security’s remote access solution is comprised of three core components that together deliver a complete Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) solution. First, we offer Trust Scoring capability for quantification of user and device trust and related contextual factors. Next, we provide continuous authorization of access via our Cloud Command Center which is powered by our machine learning engine. And finally we offer real-time access enforcement based on the principle of least privilege.
Dramatically Improved Security Posture
- Orders of magnitude attack surface reduction by delivering least privilege access based on quantified trust and continuous authorization
- Real-time enforcement of access policy on a per resource/application basis for complete end-to-end security
- Consistent user experience whether applications are deployed in IaaS, on-premises or delivered via SaaS
- Support for all applications; Private, internal apps (DevOps – Jira/Jenkins/Confluence to SecOps – Splunk & Demisto, to admin consoles on VMware or AWS to SaaS applications like Workday)
Seamless End-User Experience
- Direct access to applications be they private cloud or SaaS deployments
- Simplified access policies tied to user, device, and application profiles for ease of management
Key Features for Secure Application Access
- Real-time check of user and device security posture before granting access using employee-visible TrustScore
- Continuous authorization post-login to enable enforcement for events like the latest zero day detected by EDR tool resulting in immediate denial of access
- Leverage standard protocols (e.g., TLS, HTTPS, SSH) without the reliance on any custom protocols
Take the keys and
go for a Test Drive today!
Schedule a Demo
Speak with our Zero Trust experts about your security initiatives.
- 30 minutes or less
- Real-world case studies
- Tailored to your needs
Sign Up for Newsletter
Keep up with the latest on Banyan Security, BeyondCorp and Zero Trust for Secure Remote Access.
- > Delivered to your inbox
- > Designed for the enterprise
- > Monthly