Simple, least-privilege, multi-cloud remote application access
Inspired in part by Google’s BeyondCorp, Banyan provides least-privileged access to corporate services and resources in real-time, leveraging your existing enterprise identity and security tool investments. The Banyan solution is built on a patented Zero Trust architecture that transparently deploys in hybrid and multi-cloud environments, continuously enforcing access policies based on any combination of user, device, and application context.
Secure Remote Access Re-IMAGINED
Traditional secure remote access solutions like VPNs don’t work well in today’s world where users, devices, and applications are highly distributed and dynamic. Three foundational building blocks are needed to provide a complete solution:
1. Quantified Trust: User and device trust are no longer static black or white, but rather like shades of grey where dynamic access levels are granted based on the security posture of each user and device.
2. Continuous Authorization: The channel needs to be continuously authorized, accounting for moment-to-moment changes in security posture, including zero day attacks and unauthorized user activity, rather than simply validated with a one-time authorization.
3. Decentralized Enforcement: Rather than centralized remote access enforcement to handle the large scale and security concerns of modern enterprises, we instead need a highly distributed architecture that scales with applications and clouds.
1. Banyan App – The Banyan Security TrustScore measures user and device trust along with security posture similar to how credit scores reflect creditworthiness. When a user’s TrustScore drops below a policy-specified level, access is denied or terminated if already connected. The app also provides an easily navigable catalog of accessible hosts and services.
2. Cloud Command Center – A SaaS platform that lets you write simple but granular policies, generating trust tokens and short-lived certificates for continuous authorization.
3. Distributed Access Tier – This cybersecurity mesh architecture allows organizations to easily extend security controls to distributed assets. Simply deployed and cloud-integrated, these smart reverse proxies running alongside applications enable end-to-end security and direct access, bypassing the need for third-party MitM clouds.
Machine-learning based TrustScores for differentiated access
Similar to the way that credit scores provide a measure of creditworthiness, the Banyan Security TrustScore enables secure, selective access to applications.
- Compute trustworthiness of users and devices based on 100s of factors
- Bring together your identity provider, device management, and security tools to control access
- Empower employees by enabling them to see and affect their TrustScores in real-time
Continuous Authorization using the Cloud Command Center
Shift access controls away from the network to perform continuous authorization based on user, device, and application context.
- Distribute trust down to each individual user, device, and application
- Provide users least-privilege access rather than broad access to the network
Always-On, Multi-Cloud Enforcement
Leverage a distributed mesh of identity-aware secure access proxies for scalable access controls across clouds.
- Gain complete and homogeneous coverage across your hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Resilient, high-performance architecture with no single points of failure or data risk
- No extra hops. No choke points
- Simple deployment supports incremental roll-out
On Demand, End-to-End Encryption
Automatically upgrade application connections to mutually authenticated TLS encryption, without making any changes to code or network.
- Go beyond the network perimeter; encrypt traffic end-to-end – all the way from the user’s device to the requested application’s server
- Traffic is encrypted on-demand, at the connection level, using short-lived cryptographic credentials
Access Surface Concealment
Don’t expose your sensitive corporate applications to the internet.
- Hide internal application access points from crawlers and malicious probes
- Applications can only be reached by authenticated users on approved devices
- Protects against bot and DDoS attacks
Enterprise-grade Tooling and Workflows
Leverage your existing IT management systems as well as new DevOps processes.
- Integrate with your Cloud Platforms, Identity Providers and Enterprise Device Managers
- Easily incorporate into agile DevOps practices
- Utilize flexible APIs for ChatOps workflows
VPN ALTERNATIVE: What Banyan Zero Trust Continuous Platform provides (that VPNs don’t)
Fine-grained access controls
Delivers application-layer protocol and geo-location based access controls for both users and applications
Simple admin and user experience
Eliminates management complexity of VPN appliances, and removes choke points providing a great user experience
Enable homogenous policies across clouds, independent of network-layer technologies like VPCs and subnets
Incremental rollout for each application
Rollout to one application at a time, rather than an all-or-nothing VPN approach
Least-privileged, secure access
Unlike VPNs, no broad, network-level access grants that allow lateral movement to unauthorized applications
No complex appliances to buy and manage; policies for each cloud and region
Your Technology Investments Can Do More
With our pre-built connectors and extensible integration framework, we can connect with your existing cloud, IAM, MDM, EDR, and UEBA tools. Explore how Banyan Security can help you leverage your existing investments to gain a Zero Trust security posture today.
Sign Up for Newsletter
Keep up with the latest on Banyan Security, BeyondCorp and Zero Trust for Secure Remote Access.
- > Delivered to your inbox
- > Designed for the enterprise
- > Monthly
Schedule a Demo
Speak with our Zero Trust experts about your security initiatives.
- 30 minutes or less
- Real-world case studies
- Tailored to your needs