In these unprecedented times, Banyan announced this week that we would provide free usage of our Zero Trust Remote Access Platform to help companies in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. You can read the press release here, and this post we want to talk more about why.
A recent poll by Threatpost, A COVID-19 Cybersecurity Poll: Securing a Remote Workforce, found that businesses enabling a remote workforce face a number of new challenges. Here are some of the results we found most compelling:
- More people than ever will be newly working from home. And many of them will be new to this type of situation.
- Over 80% of administrators are concerned that these new at-home workers are not properly trained in security measures and that sensitive information will now be housed and accessible via the internet, often via unmanaged, employee-owned devices. Since there is a lack of training and visibility into the security of these devices, fear is high that these workers will more easily succumb to cyberattacks.
- Respondents defined the weakest security link to be Network Security concerns and lack of end-user awareness.
An article by CNN, titled Millions of Americans are suddenly working from home. That’s a huge security risk, highlights another serious challenge faced by businesses today. Existing network security and VPN deployments were designed to handle a fraction of the remote workforce that they suddenly need to handle now – IT teams are struggling to provision adequate capacity.
“I’m sure every agency right now is scrambling to load-test their VPNs and access points to make sure not just 10 or 20 percent of their workforce can log on, but 70 or 80 or 90 percent,” said the former chief information officer of a major US agency. “That will be a challenge, for sure.”
Banyan Security’s unique Zero Trust Remote Access architecture allows for the seamless and rapid replacement or augmentation of VPNs in a way that is more secure and easy to use; all while leveraging the capabilities of modern Cloud Infrastructure, without bandwidth or throughput limitations.
Banyan’s solution addresses the core issues highlighted in the press recently, enabling businesses of all sizes to have a productive remote workforce without placing an additional burden on enterprise VPNs:
- IT administrators can rapidly deliver secure access to valuable corporate resources
- End-users gain fast and robust access to corporate applications
Banyan’s Zero Trust platform helps Enterprise IT and Security teams can leverage existing security investments in IAM, MDM, EDR, and UEBA tools, where available. Banyan then provides a unified view which aggregates signals from all of these tools and provides real-time, continuous enforcement of access policies. To learn more, read our blog on TrustScoring.
The Banyan Security approach means that end-users can now work remotely and securely. Simply login via your corporate SSO provider and, in the background, Banyan will ensure that devices, identities, and behaviors are continuously authenticated and authorized. Workers can focus on their productivity and IT Admins can ensure security for any application, from any device, at any time, 24/7.
To learn more about the Banyan Security approach to providing remote workers with secure access, sign up for your Demo today.